Friday, December 14, 2012

Trinity Face

I've not written much on here recently as I've got a job and now spend a lot of my time stacking shelves in a supermarket. This isn't so bad as it rains all the time at the moment and I need to save money so I can go on a four month long climbing trip when I graduate in June. 

Looking like a goon on the top of Snowdon!
Amazingly I had a free day on Wednesday, no work, no lectures, no nothing. Even more amazingly the weather was perfect, but at short notice I couldn't find a partner. I'd seen some photos on a friend's Facebook page of the Trinity Face on Snowdon, it looked amazing and as far I could work out the only crag likely to be in nick. The next morning I dropped Nikki at work and sped up the Pass, shouldered my nice light pack and set off.

The walk in took a little longer then expected and it was nice to have some solitude. Crampons on. Axes out. I started the day by soloing up and down Central Trinity, which was good, with bomber neve all the way. Half way up I caught up with a bloke who was making his thirty first ascent of Central Trinity, his first was in 1978! Back at the base of the crag I started up Right-hand Trinity, which was good fun. Cheers to Ray and Stu for letting me climb past them.

The Trinity Face
I then walked to the summit of Snowdon and back down for one more climb. Ladies Gully looked like one of the better lines so I headed for that. The main pitch was interesting, with a fun move out of the top of the gully. Thanks to Mark and David for letting me solo past them. At the top of the crag I head back via Crib y Ddysgl and Crib Goch. Crib Goch was a lot less wintery than I expected, but even so I didn't take my crampons off until I was back on the Pyg Track.



Even more of a goon on the top of Crib Y Ddysgl.
Unfortuantley this isn't much use a conditions report as it started to thaw this morning.


1 comment:


  1. I would strongly love to recommend the services of the best team of dark web hackers. They are professional and very discreet in carrying out their jobs, they have the best customer service agents and satisfaction at heart. If you have any services you wish to contact them for, go on REALCYBERHACKERS @ GMAIL . COM/ Whatsapp +14106350697 They help track and monitor your cheating partner's phone without his idea, clear or erase criminal records as well as repair a bad credit score, all social media hacks,funds recovery and many others.

    ReplyDelete